Friday, March 6, 2009

Tracy Chapman - Baby, Can I Hold You (acoustic)

This song is from her self-titled debut "Tracy Chapman" and is performed live in what looks like a radio station studio. I remember when she first arrived on the scene and seeing her interviewed on, I believe, The Tonight Show (with Carson). Two things I recall from that show was that she seemed to be an amazingly warm and talented person and that she mentioned she had planned on becoming a vet before her musical aspirations bore any fruit. I am not surprised that she gave up her animal care goals, but, the fact she still has that charisma and seems unaffected by fame is. There are several other videos of her in same studio where she was promoting her 8th studio album "Our Bright Future" and I would encourage you to check them out as well.

No comments: